- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine 1/3 cup butter and seasonings in another bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter mixture. Arrange in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour cream around chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Almond Chicken Breasts
"I made this today and it was very tasty! My husband and I loved it and I will be making it again soon!"
"Love this, I use Grouse Breast!"
"My family loves this recipe! My boyfriend asked me to make it twice in one week. It was very simple to make."
"This has become a family favorite. My daughters friends even came over for a cooking class to learn how to make this delicious dish before going off to college."
"This recipe is wonderful. I always get rave reviews whenever I serve it. It's a family favorite. My daughters friends took this recipe with them to college. I always make more of the butter/seasoning coating than the recipe calls for. A definate keeper."
"This is one of the best chicken recipes. I always get rave reviews when I serve this dish. I have also served this dish with rice pilaf."
"I love this recipe.I do tend to leave off the almonds and breadcrumbs, but it is really good either way."