Tender, golden chicken, a creamy sauce and crisp almond slices make this entree one of my favorites.—Ken Churches, San Andreas, California
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine 1/3 cup butter and seasonings in another bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter mixture. Arrange in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour cream around chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Baked Almond Chicken in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Almond Chicken Breasts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review