This is a tasty dish that my family just loves. The almonds give the chicken a wonderful flavor.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon each salt, paprika and celery salt
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place the flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag; shake to coat chicken. In a shallow dish, combine 7 tablespoons butter, salt, paprika and celery salt. Add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Pour cream around chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup sauce.
- Stir sour cream into sauce; pour over the chicken. Combine bread crumbs with the remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes more or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Baked Almond Chicken in Country Extra May 1997, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Baked Almond Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2013
"I thought it was good, and my healthy runner-daughter loved it!The rest of the family, not so much."
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2009
"I have been making this recipe for years and get raves about it every time. And so easy."