- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
"Made for Easter, delicious! Very refreshing with all the other rich foods we had. I happen to have a bunch of Meyer lemons that were on sale. I used about 1/3 cup juice and a heaping teaspoon of zest in the filling."
"Easy to make. Big flavor. Used real lemon's. Made it for treat day and co-workers requested the recipe."
"very good as is, I used fresh lemon and zest. Next time I will use less sugar and double lemon topping, I like it tart."
"I have used this recipe for years! Always turns out great and everyone loves them. I HIGHLY recommend using fresh lemon juice. It makes all the difference!"
"SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS"