- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
"I made these for my dad and he really liked them. I thought they needed a bit more lemon. I didn't read the reviews until well after I started. I used fresh squeezed lemon and added some lemon zest but I still didn't think it was enough. I also baked it less than it called for and the edges burnt. Next time I'll lower the baking time even more and add in more lemon juice like others suggested."
"Made for Easter, delicious! Very refreshing with all the other rich foods we had. I happen to have a bunch of Meyer lemons that were on sale. I used about 1/3 cup juice and a heaping teaspoon of zest in the filling."
"Easy to make. Big flavor. Used real lemon's. Made it for treat day and co-workers requested the recipe."
"very good as is, I used fresh lemon and zest. Next time I will use less sugar and double lemon topping, I like it tart."
"I have used this recipe for years! Always turns out great and everyone loves them. I HIGHLY recommend using fresh lemon juice. It makes all the difference!"
"SO SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS"
"My granddaughter & I loved the taste & she took some to work & everyone raved about them & said I could bring more anytime."
"Love , love these lemon bars taste is great my family loves them I will b making them again !!"
"Made these for a golf cookout...used fresh squeezed juice, 1/3 C and grated peel from 2 lemons, as suggested by another reviewer. People were crazy about these! Now, they want them at the next cookout. Super easy and tasty recipe!"
"Absolutely delicious. I've made them three times in as many weeks, and can't seem to have enough! So quick and easy to make. I needed them non-dairy, and I don't use margarine, so I substituted oil. It came out great!"