- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
"I have used this exact recipe ever since I found it on the box of Minute Maid frozen lemon juice in the 1970's. The crust is delicious but will crumble easily, so serve on a plate. Best lemon bars ever!!"
"Have made this recipe from Taste of Home for over 20 years, it is absolutely The Best. Even better with fresh lemon juice & zest."
"Does anyone know if these can be frozen or how long they will last? Thanks!"
"Everyone loves them!"
"Very easy and fast to put together. I thought I had fresh lemons and was wrong. Used the bottled kind I had in fridge and was still very yummy. Now I use the bottled as back up when I am out of fresh or when lemons are higher priced. Fresh was better of course. I use this recipe a lot."
"These were super easy, delicious and the crust was buttery and the filling was so creamy. My friend gave me the receipe, I'm so glad she did..best ever!"
"I made these bars back on 9/16/16. I took them to our Chapel picnic and they went over very well! Thank you, Mildred Keller, for this recipe! The bars were very simple to make and if I recall, I had also prepared them way back in 1997. Lemon is a favorite flavor with a number of people and these bars are NO exception! delowenstein"
"I thought these bars were really good and very easy to make. My family likes them, and I'll make them again."
"I made these for my dad and he really liked them. I thought they needed a bit more lemon. I didn't read the reviews until well after I started. I used fresh squeezed lemon and added some lemon zest but I still didn't think it was enough. I also baked it less than it called for and the edges burnt. Next time I'll lower the baking time even more and add in more lemon juice like others suggested."