- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Sort By :
"I have made these several times. They always turn out great. People really enjoy them."
"Very Good Lemon Bars, soft lemon taste. My baking times were less than indicated in recipe. However, I always watch what I am baking because oven temperatures vary. Also, your baking pans also impact baking time. With regard to the filling, it should be whisked for about 5 minutes. Will definitely bake these bars again!"
"This is my go to recipe for lemon bars. I have had many compliments on this recipe. Have made it numerous times with perfect results. The shortbread crust is very different from the usual lemon bars."
"I just made this. The crust did not spread so the lemon mix did not work on top. Will not make again as did not think it was vey lemon either."
"This is in response to nramsey's post. To added more lemon flavor to these bars I zested one lemon in addition to the juice in the recipes. This added a refreshing tartness."