Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
The recipe for these tangy lemon bars comes from my cousin Bernice, a farmer's wife famous for cooking up feasts. — Mildred Keller, Rockford, Illinois
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and
- confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups
- flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake
- 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and
- remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until topping is set and lightly browned. Cool
- completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners'
- sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 77 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven