Baja Pork Tacos Recipe
- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)
- 5 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, taco seasoning and cumin; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove pork; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons lettuce and 1 tablespoon cheese. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baja Pork Tacos
Sort By :
"This was excellent!. Put in the crockpot later at night and was done in the morning. This is so simple to make and the taste is incredible. Will be making this often in the future. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!"
"Wonderful! Made for a party and everyone loved them! Put out chopped jalepenos , chopped onions and salsa for those that wanted but great just as recipe is. Will make again many times!"
"This was very good. I wasn't sure if 5 cans of green chilies was overdoing it for little kids, so I cut it back to 2. It was still yummy, but I'm sure it would be better with all of the chilies."
"Wow, these were great! I added a can of pinto beans for texture and fiber. My daughter ate her serving spooned over crushed tortilla chips and that was really good too. I will definately make these again."
"This was SO yummy! I put it together last night and put it in the fridge, then put it in the crockpot and turned it on...so easy and delicious! My family LOVED it too! The only changes I made...I just used a whole packet of taco seasoning mix and I added 1/2 an onion (because I needed to use it up!) We loved it and are happy there are leftovers! :)"