- 1 boneless pork sirloin roast (3 pounds)
- 5 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 24 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut roast in half; place in a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, taco seasoning and cumin; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove pork; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon 1/4 cup onto each tortilla; top each with 2 tablespoons lettuce and 1 tablespoon cheese.
Freeze option: Cool pork mixture; freeze in freezer containers up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a Dutch oven; heat through. Serve as directed. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baja Pork Tacos
"So easy and delicious! My husband commented that it was better than a restaurant (and we have some good local Mexican restaurants!)"
"These tacos are delicious and really do taste like they are from an authentic Mexican restaurant. I have 4 boys ages 9,7,4, and 2 and they all had clean plates. I definitely will make againf"
"This was excellent!. Put in the crockpot later at night and was done in the morning. This is so simple to make and the taste is incredible. Will be making this often in the future. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe!"
"Wonderful! Made for a party and everyone loved them! Put out chopped jalepenos , chopped onions and salsa for those that wanted but great just as recipe is. Will make again many times!"
"This was very good. I wasn't sure if 5 cans of green chilies was overdoing it for little kids, so I cut it back to 2. It was still yummy, but I'm sure it would be better with all of the chilies."