Baja Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 pounds mahi mahi, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 16 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- Additional minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the salad dressing, adobo sauce, cilantro and lime juice. Chill until serving.
- 2. Sprinkle mahi mahi with salt and pepper. Place the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Coat mahi mahi with flour, then dip in eggs and coat with bread crumbs. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; cook fish in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Place fish in tortillas; top with cabbage, sauce mixture and additional cilantro. Serve with lime wedges. Yield: 8 servings.
2 tacos equals 544 calories, 29 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Baja Fish Tacos
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.