- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and thinly sliced
- In a blender or food processor, combine the salad dressing, salsa, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and process on high for 1-2 minutes or until smooth; set aside. In a small bowl, combine chicken and taco seasoning; set aside.
- Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Spread salsa mixture over crust. Sprinkle with the chicken mixture, tomato, onion and cheese. Bake at 425° for 17-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with lettuce; top with avocado slices. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBaja Chicken Taco Pizza
"I agree about the sauce...I made the whole amount but only used half, and it still might have been a bit too much...but the pizza was very good!"
"Excellent. I used a mexican blend cheese and this is definitely much easier to manage after it has cooled a bit and using a knife and fork. I would definitely make this again. Very pleased and even my 5 year old liked it."
"Thanks to the others, I cut the sauce in half. My family liked it. Next time, I will chop the avocado because the slices kept falling off."
"This tasted awesome, but I do agree about too much sauce. Reduce the amount of dressing, and you'll be golden. My family loved this!"
"This flavor combo was delish, but there was way way way too much sauce. I think it would be better with just 1/2 c. of ranch dressing, and definitely let it set for the full 10 minutes (I may have rushed it a bit, because my toppings slid off left and right!). Also, I put all the cheese on top, but it might be better to layer half on the bottom, right over the sauce, and the other half on top of the chicken and veggies."