Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the slaw ingredients. Chill the sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce and slaw. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders(16)
Sort By :
You won't find a more flavorful slider out there! The combination of the citrus and chicken is great. The sweet bun really helps bring this recipe over the top. I usually like to tweak a recipe but this is one that I go with as it. It is so YUMMY!
Taste great added extra seasonings, turned out perfect!
What a great, easy recipe!!! I made the slaw creamy by adding mayo so I didn't make the sour cream sauce. The kick from the jalapeño was perfect!
Very, very good! Can not wait to make it again next week! The best tasting chicken sandwich I've ever tried. I chose to eliminate the sour cream dressing, and used cabbage slaw vs. broccoli & added a little mayonnaise to make it creamy. I had extra time, so I marinaded the chicken breast in a bag with the spices and added about 2 T. of minced red bell pepper, sweet onion and jalapeno pepper (each) w/lime juice- for about an hour. We used potatoe rolls I had on hand. Excellent!
Made about 40 of these tasty sandwiches for a church picnic. They looked so fresh and healthy on the food table! Very yummy.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >