- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Chill sauce and slaw until serving.
- Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Grill rolls, cut sides down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce and slaw. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders
Sort By :
"I'm in heaven. These are SO, SO, SO, SO good! Made them exactly as described, grilled them on my stovetop grill...but didn't use lettuce and tomato because the extremely yummy and refreshing slaw was enough. This goes in my Keeper file for sure. Thank you Janet Hynes! This recipe hit the spot!"
"These are awesome. I have made them twice now; I used regular hamburger buns the first time and the Hawaiian hamburger buns the second time. Both were great. Love the flavor of the slaw, lime sour cream and chicken altogether. Even my picky eater loved them."
"I made these the lazy way: frozen breaded chicken patties and pre-made coleslaw. I sprinkled the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper on the chicken patties after I heated them in the oven. Topped it with lettuce, tomato, and put it on a Hawaiian bun. Delicious! Next time I'll follow the recipe to see how it turns out."
"These are amazing!"
"These were so good! Will definitely make them again. I love lime and chicken together."