Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Chill sauce and slaw until serving.
- 2. Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 4. Grill rolls, cut sides down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce and slaw. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slider: 195 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Reviews for Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders
"I made this for the Superbowl and everyone loved them and wanted the recipe! Will definitely make these again."
"I'm in heaven. These are SO, SO, SO, SO good! Made them exactly as described, grilled them on my stovetop grill...but didn't use lettuce and tomato because the extremely yummy and refreshing slaw was enough. This goes in my Keeper file for sure. Thank you Janet Hynes! This recipe hit the spot!"
"These are awesome. I have made them twice now; I used regular hamburger buns the first time and the Hawaiian hamburger buns the second time. Both were great. Love the flavor of the slaw, lime sour cream and chicken altogether. Even my picky eater loved them."
"I made these the lazy way: frozen breaded chicken patties and pre-made coleslaw. I sprinkled the cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper on the chicken patties after I heated them in the oven. Topped it with lettuce, tomato, and put it on a Hawaiian bun. Delicious! Next time I'll follow the recipe to see how it turns out."
"These are amazing!"
"These were so good! Will definitely make them again. I love lime and chicken together."
"I made these wthout the slaw and they were tasty"
"You won't find a more flavorful slider out there! The combination of the citrus and chicken is great. The sweet bun really helps bring this recipe over the top. I usually like to tweak a recipe but this is one that I go with as it. It is so YUMMY!"
"Taste great added extra seasonings, turned out perfect!"
"What a great, easy recipe!!! I made the slaw creamy by adding mayo so I didn't make the sour cream sauce. The kick from the jalapeño was perfect!"
"Very, very good! Can not wait to make it again next week! The best tasting chicken sandwich I've ever tried. I chose to eliminate the sour cream dressing, and used cabbage slaw vs. broccoli & added a little mayonnaise to make it creamy. I had extra time, so I marinaded the chicken breast in a bag with the spices and added about 2 T. of minced red bell pepper, sweet onion and jalapeno pepper (each) w/lime juice- for about an hour. We used potatoe rolls I had on hand. Excellent!"
"Made about 40 of these tasty sandwiches for a church picnic. They looked so fresh and healthy on the food table! Very yummy."
"Tasty slider recipe."
"Great, great taste and easy to make. Would double the sour cream sauce the next time and slather it on, it enhances everything! Didn't have Hawaiian Rolls so used whole wheat buns instead. Toasting them on the grill really brings out the flavour. Rub lots of spice on the chicken too. The sauce and slaw can be made well in advance and chlled in the fridge. Another ToH keeper!"
"This was a great recipe. I left out the jalapeno because we have young children. We also like our cole slaw a little bit creamier, so I added a little mayo. I will definately make this again!"
"Excellent and easy to make. The only thing I did different was to use a jerk chicken seasoning that I had."
"I was a little leery of the slaw, but you have to put it on the sandwich! The combo of sweet and spicy is amazing! And the chicken was a perfect fit."
"Very quick and easy to make! The family love the combo of textures and flavors. In a pinch, I used Onion Rolls, which worked just fine."
"Great meal on a hot summer day!"
"Delicious! The cilantro in the slaw, as well as the lime sauce, really made these stand out as a favorite!"
"Made this for supper tonight to beat the heat. Excellent and delicious. Husband raved about it and had seconds. Love the sweet Hawaiian rolls and the sour cream and lime, buy afresh lime for sure. Slaw is great a nice change, must put it on your sandwich."
"These sliders are CRAZY good! Everyone loved the fresh, cool, spicy, sweetness in every bite. I would make these every night if I could. WOW!"