Baja Chicken & Slaw Sliders Recipe
Between the flavorful sauce and colorful, crunchy slaw, these hand-held sandwiches demand attention from party-goers. —Janet Hynes, Racine, Wisconsin
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 8 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomato
- 1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime peel and lime juice. In another small bowl, combine slaw ingredients. Chill sauce and slaw until serving.
- 2. Cut each chicken breast in half widthwise; flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasonings.
- 3. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4 to 7 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- 4. Grill rolls, cut sides down, 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve chicken on rolls with lettuce, tomato, sauce and slaw. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slider equals 195 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 384 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC