I got this recipe from my favorite bagel shop in New York City. Now I make this every time I'm craving a quick and healthy breakfast. I like to add chopped pitted green olives to the schmear. — Julie Merriman, Seattle, Washington
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped carrot
- 1 radish, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 4 whole wheat bagels, split and toasted
- 8 slices tomato
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a bowl, beat cheeses, lime peel and lime juice until blended. Fold in chopped vegetables and basil. Serve on bagels with tomato slices. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Bagel with a Veggie Schmear in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p74
Reviews for Bagel with a Veggie Schmear
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 9, 2017
"I made this last week and my family loved it. It was so fresh and bright. We used it on bagels, English muffins and also used it to dip the extra veggies from the recipe in.Tip- if you don't want all the extra veggies used in the recipe you can get most of them Already sliced from your grocery stores salad bar."