"I use whole wheat bagels or English muffins for these open-faced sandwiches," notes Linda Mincy of Counce, Tennessee. The quick combo is great for breakfast or alongside soup for dinner.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 bagels, split
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 8 slices tomato
- Spread 1 tablespoon mustard over each bagel half. Layer with one
- cheese slice, two Canadian bacon slices, two tomato slices and a
- second cheese slice. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at
- 350° for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 24 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,432 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.