Bacon-Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Whenever I attend a potluck, folks always ask me to bring these marksthey've become my trademark. I especially like to prepare them for holiday gatherings.
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cut bacon strips into thirds; wrap a strip around each water chestnut
- and secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x
- 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until
- bacon is crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine ketchup and brown sugar; cook
- and stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Remove
- chestnuts to paper towels; drain. Dip in ketchup mixture; place in a
- lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce
- over chestnuts. Return to the oven for 10 minutes. Yield: about 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 92 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.