Bacon-Wrapped Venison Recipe
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds venison tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Rub tenderloin with 1-2 teaspoons of oil and the garlic. Combine the flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle over tenderloin and shake off excess. In a skillet, brown tenderloin on all sides in remaining oil. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms until tender; remove and set aside.
- 2. Wrap bacon around tenderloin, securing the ends with toothpicks. Return to skillet. Cook over medium heat until bacon is crisp and a thermometer inserted into tenderloin reads 160°, turning frequently. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley and reserved mushrooms; cook and stir until heated through. Discard toothpicks from tenderloin; serve with mushroom sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 165 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Venison
"Oh my goodness, this is lovely, make sureto use a thermometer, l used very large mushrooms so anyone who didn't care for could pick out. I would make again. Janet FE"
"Delicious! I didn't have any tenderloin so I used deer steak. It was very easy to put together & my 3yr old even loved it! Will definitely make this again!"
"Excellent! My only regret is that I only get 2 tenderloin per deer!"