Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
After making little bacon-wrapped sausages for years, I needed a change! I had an extra sweet potato and half a package of bacon on hand, so I put on my thinking cap and came up with this treat. —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon strips, halved
- Maple syrup, warmed
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- 2. Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Wrap one piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Dip each side in brown sugar. Place on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 3. Bake 40-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer (calculated without syrup) equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC