- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Wrap one piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Dip each side in brown sugar. Place on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
"This recipe is a lot of pre. l highly recommend putting sweet potatoes on a rack before baking, too much brown sugar. I was afraid my oven was going to catch on fire. Won't make this again."
"These are so yummy...but very time consuming...the only problem..as you have to hand wrap each one...but worth it lol...I took these for a Thanksgiving potluck and was requested I make them for Christmas...made a double batch...took a few hours but lol...the only prob I had was if you use the parchment paper the bottoms tend to burn...but I was told by some that the little burned pieces on the bottom gave it a little extra taste...My brother in law threatened to run off with them when I made them for a third time for Xmas day...and just eat those lol...but they taste better when you eat them fresh versus making them ahead of time and putting them if the fridge...definitely will have to make them again..."
"I drizzled the tiniest bit of the maple syrup to make less mess at the buffet table - these went fast"
"I made these last night for a Super Bowl party. Everyone loved them!! They were gone quickly. No maple syrup needed ,sweet enough. They are delicious and I might add a little bit more of the cayenne pepper just because I like a little more kick. I will be making these again."
"These are amazing! I made them the other night for a group get-together, making no changes at all to the recipe. They were so good that I'm making them again this Sunday for a Super Bowl party. Try them -- you'll love them!"
"loved this recipe and did not need syrup -sweet enough with brown sugar"
"these are amazing! and definitely no syrup needed"
"Delicious! I also agree, no need for syrup. I did however use a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet to make a Ranch Dipping Sauce, and the combination of Ranch dressing with the sweet, and salty sweet potato bites was really good! ;)"
"Everyone loved these! I agree, no need for the syrup. I did cut the bacon in thirds to accomodate the amount of potatoes. I must have gotten thicker cut bacon or something."
"My husband loves bacon but usually not sweet potatoes, however he liked this combination."