Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pound bacon strips, halved
- Maple syrup, warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix butter and seasonings. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl. Wrap one piece bacon around each sweet potato cube; secure with a toothpick. Dip each side in brown sugar. Place on a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until bacon is crisp and sweet potato is tender. Serve with maple syrup. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Sweet Potato Bites
Sort By :
These are amazing! I made them the other night for a group get-together, making no changes at all to the recipe. They were so good that I'm making them again this Sunday for a Super Bowl party. Try them -- you'll love them!
loved this recipe and did not need syrup -sweet enough with brown sugar
these are amazing! and definitely no syrup needed
Delicious! I also agree, no need for syrup. I did however use a Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet to make a Ranch Dipping Sauce, and the combination of Ranch dressing with the sweet, and salty sweet potato bites was really good! ;)
Everyone loved these! I agree, no need for the syrup. I did cut the bacon in thirds to accomodate the amount of potatoes. I must have gotten thicker cut bacon or something.