I love blue cheese, so I combined it with toasted almonds, red onion, herbs and spices to create a savory filling for pork. If you like, add even more zip with red pepper flakes.
Recommended: 30 Grilled Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 3 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- Make a lengthwise slit through the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, almonds, onion, rosemary, garlic and pepper flakes if desired. Divide among tenderloins. Close tenderloins and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap each with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- In a large skillet, brown pork on all sides in batches until bacon is almost crisp. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Discard toothpicks before slicing. Yield: 3 stuffed tenderloins (4 servings each).
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Tenderloins in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p57
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Tenderloins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review