Sunday is grill-out day for my husband, Cliff, and these zesty peppers are some of his specialties. We usually feature them at our annual Daytona 500 party. They disappear from the appetizer tray in no time.
- 24 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cut in half
- Make a lengthwise cut in each jalapeno, about 1/8 in. deep; remove seeds. Combine the sausage and cheese; stuff into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 36-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Grill, covered, over direct heat for 1-2 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos in Country Woman May/June 2005, p29
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review