Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos Recipe
- 24 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cut in half
- 1. Make a lengthwise cut in each jalapeno, about 1/8 in. deep; remove seeds. Combine the sausage and cheese; stuff into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- 2. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 36-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Grill, covered, over direct heat for 1-2 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 252 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.