- 24 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 bacon strips, cut in half
- Make a lengthwise cut in each jalapeno, about 1/8 in. deep; remove seeds. Combine the sausage and cheese; stuff into jalapenos. Wrap each with a piece of bacon; secure with toothpicks.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 36-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning once. Grill, covered, over direct heat for 1-2 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Stuffed Jalapenos
"We love stuffed jalapeno peppers and these are the best so far. They are even good cold out of the fridge. Peppers are large and plentiful in the garden this year and I made two batches this week-end and had no leftovers. Absolutely YUMMY !!"
"I add diced onions and some garlic powder.awesome"
"OMG!!! I freakin swear this is THE BEST thing i have EVER put in my mouth!!! Whoever made this up is a cooking genius that i will forever immortalize!!! Lol, but for real... ;)"
"Another easy and delicious recipe. They will be a great addition to football season!"
"I made this once with just a few Jalapenos just to give it a try. I just made it again with 5 lbs of them because I can't seem to make enough!! Everyone in my house and my neighbors LOVE THEM !!!"
"easy and tasty. Everyone loved them."
"These are so yummy!!"
"I didn't like these as much as I thought I would. The cheese just kinda disenegrated. :/"
"I have made these a few times up at our campground. They dissapper...I made them to bring to a "Mexican themed night" and everyone was asking for the recipe. I myself have never tried them, I do not like hot food. Remember to wear disposable gloves when handleing to peppers & removing the seeds. I will be making them for superbowl."
"Our guests enjoyed these poppers. They are super and not the same old same old. Instead of the grill I baked them in the oven. In the last minutes I used the broiler to crisp the bacon a bit more. Terrific"