Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
“I tweaked this recipe to please my family, and now it’s a hit! For less heat, skip the jalapenos.” Debbie Cheek - State Road, NC
- 30 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tablespoons dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 3. Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Top each shrimp with a jalapeno slice and wrap with a bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan.
- 4. Broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing after turning.
- 5. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC