Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
“I tweaked this recipe to please my family, and now it’s a hit! For less heat, skip the jalapenos.” Debbie Cheek - State Road, NC
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 bacon strips, cut in half
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1. Pour 6 tablespoons dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a skillet or microwave, cook bacon until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade; place a jalapeno slice on each shrimp. Wrap bacon around shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks. Place shrimp on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 4. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 appetizer equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC