“I tweaked this recipe to please my family, and now it’s a hit! For less heat, skip the jalapenos.” Debbie Cheek - State Road, NC
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Broil: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 bacon strips, cut in half
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Pour 6 tablespoons dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add
- shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet or microwave, cook bacon until cooked but not
- crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain and discard marinade; place a jalapeno slice on each shrimp.
- Wrap bacon around shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks. Place shrimp
- on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until
- shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing. Remove
- Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 34 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 lean meat.