- 1/2 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 bacon strips, cut in half
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Pour 6 tablespoons dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet or microwave, cook bacon until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Drain and discard marinade; place a jalapeno slice on each shrimp. Wrap bacon around shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks. Place shrimp on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing. Remove toothpicks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
Sort By :
"Instead of bacon, I use prosciutto. It is thinner providing for a tighter wrap. Also, less greasy! This appetizer is awesome!"
"This sounds really good! & best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand! I'll probably skip the Jalapenos, though, sprinkle with a bit of pepper & add pineapple!"
"I added a piece of sliced water chestnut. The "crunch" added extra to this base.I also left some jalapeno membrane on some of the pieces-wow!"
"How can you go wrong with shrimp and bacon. I love the idea of adding a slice of jalapeno to it, wonderful!!!! I love making appetizers and this is just another one that I will add to my recipe files. Thank you!!"
"really good flavor-kind of messy to prepare"