- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large sea scallops, halved widthwise
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, cayenne and garlic powder; add shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap one bacon piece around each shrimp and scallop half.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning occasionally. Remove from skewers; squeeze lemon wedges over seafood. Yield: 3 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers
Sort By :
My husband and I were not fans. The bacon really overpowers the flavor of the seafood. If you just want to taste bacon, you'll like this.
wow we loved this recipe. We had it with baked halibut and it was so good. We are eating heathy and this felt like a sin. We always eat turkey bacon. We used the center cut bacon for this. There was just as meny calories in the center cut bacon as there is in the turkey bacon. This will become a reg.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Scallops >
- Grilled Seafood >
- Grilled Shrimp >
- Grilled Shrimp Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >