Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large sea scallops, halved widthwise
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, cayenne and garlic powder; add shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap one bacon piece around each shrimp and scallop half.
- 3. On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning occasionally. Remove from skewers; squeeze lemon wedges over seafood. Yield: 3 servings.
2 kabobs equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 161 mg cholesterol, 756 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.