With a little kick from cayenne, these scrumptious kabobs will be the hit of your next barbecue. The crunchy bacon wraps create moist, tender shrimp and scallops. —Audrey Hagerty Saylorsburg, Pennsylvania.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 large sea scallops, halved widthwise
- 12 bacon strips, halved
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, cayenne and garlic powder; add shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap one bacon piece around each shrimp and scallop half.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the shrimp, scallops and lemon wedges. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning occasionally. Remove from skewers; squeeze lemon wedges over seafood. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers in Taste of Home June/July 2008, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Seafood Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review