Bacon-Wrapped Scallops Recipe
When I'm looking for more special appetizer, this is the recipe I reach for. I've also served these savory scallops for dinner.—Pamela MacCumbee, Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
- 20 fresh baby spinach leaves
- 10 uncooked sea scallops, halved
- 10 bacon strips, halved widthwise
- Lemon Wedges
- 1. Fold a spinach leaf around each scallop half. Wrap bacon over spinach and secure with a toothpick. Place on baking sheet or broiler pan.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 6 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp. Remove toothpick. Squeeze lemon over each. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
1 serving (2 each) equals 145 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC