Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pineapple Quinoa Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 10 bacon strips
- 16 sea scallops (about 2 pounds), side muscles removed
- 1 cup drained canned pineapple tidbits
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add quinoa, salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 12-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, place bacon in a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat, removing eight of the strips when partially cooked but not crisp. Continue cooking remaining strips until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Finely chop crisp bacon strips. Cut remaining bacon strips lengthwise in half.
- Wrap a halved bacon strip around each scallop; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle with remaining pepper.
- Wipe the pan clean, if necessary; heat over medium-high heat. Add scallops; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Remove quinoa from heat; fluff with a fork. Stir in pineapple and chopped bacon. Serve with scallops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pineapple Quinoa(1)
Sort By :
Very Good and easy to make. The pineapple really helps the quinoa. I did find the quinoa I use requires at least 25 minutes cooking time but other than that I really enjoyed it. Nice presentation as well.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Seafood Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Dinner Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Low Fat Recipes >