Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce Recipe
I enjoy cooking for my parents, and my bacon-wrapped scallops recipe is one of their favorites. If you prefer, replace the pear preserves with preserves or jam of a different flavor. —Ethan Hall, King, North Carolina
- 12 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup pear preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Wrap a bacon strip around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook bacon-wrapped scallops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, turning once. Serve with pear sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 wrapped scallop with 1 tablespoon sauce: 400 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 60g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC