Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce Recipe
I enjoy cooking for my parents, and my bacon-wrapped scallops recipe is one of their favorites. If you prefer, replace the pear preserves with preserves or jam of a different flavor.
- 12 bacon strips
- 3/4 cup pear preserves
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, soy sauce, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Wrap a bacon strip around each scallop; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook bacon-wrapped scallops in oil over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, turning once. Serve with pear sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Pear Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Appetizers >
- Bacon-Wrapped Scallops >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >