Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce
Although the rich seafood tidbits look complicated, they're actually easy to assemble and cook. The dipping sauce, with its hints of mustard and maple syrup, complements the scallops nicely. It's a unique appetizer.
5 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake
- at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly
- browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. In
- a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2
- Meanwhile, place the scallops on a greased baking sheet. Bake at
- 400° for 8-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Serve with the
- cream sauce. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 365 calories, 25 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.