- 10 bacon strips
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes. Stir in the mustard, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the scallops on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Serve with the cream sauce. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce
"Fantastic! The Dijon/maple combination have me pause, but I went ahead and followed the recipe exactly. What a surprising flavor! This was a hit. I'll definitely be doing it again!"
"My family really enjoys the bacon wrapped scallops. For something different make a dipping sauce with mayo and worsterchester sauce. Yum."
"This is an excellent recipe. Delicious, fast & easy to prepare. Served it a number of times for company.Everyone loves it. SOOoooo GOOD."
"my family LOVES this sauce. we use it for other seafood dishes as well."