Although the rich seafood tidbits look complicated, they're actually easy to assemble and cook. The dipping sauce, with its hints of mustard and maple syrup, complements the scallops nicely. It's a unique appetizer.
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes. Stir in the mustard, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the scallops on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Serve with the cream sauce. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p22
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review