I received this recipe years ago from a friend. It's a delicious new twist to a baked potato.
I recently served these potatoes to visiting relatives from Norway, and they were a big hit. I love to cook and even wrote my own cookbook several years ago.
-LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium baking potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 bacon strips
- Layer onion slices on cut side of two potato halves; top with other
- potato half. Wrap each potato with two bacon strips. Secure with
- toothpicks. Place on a lightly greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until potato is tender and
- bacon is crispy. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 434 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.