Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons red currant or raspberry jelly
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Dash pepper
- Dash dried rosemary, crushed
- 6 bacon strips
- 1. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each tenderloin to within 1/2 in. of bottom; open tenderloins so they lie flat. Cover with plastic wrap; pound to flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce and lemon juice; add tenderloins. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, apple, raisins, jelly, salt, poultry seasoning, pepper and rosemary.
- 3. Remove tenderloins from marinade; discard marinade. Spread stuffing down the center of one tenderloin; top with second tenderloin. Tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Arrange bacon over the top.
- 4. Place on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
"I did this for Sunday dinner. It came out perfect. Everyone loved it. Will do it again."
"I've made this several times in the past and love it! I fed a crowd of 16 today for Christmas and everyone really enjoyed it!"
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer