Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 24 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cut in half widthwise
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Wrap a piece of bacon around each meatball; secure with a wooden toothpick.
- 3. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Turn; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and bacon is crisp. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 each: 42 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Meatballs
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.