- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes or
- until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, Worcestershire
- sauce, Dijon, pepper sauce, saltine, parsley and seasonings; stir in
- onion mixture. Crumble meats over mixture and mix well. With wet
- hands, shape into a loaf and place in a greased foil-lined 13-in.x
- 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook and stir
- until the sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened. Spoon some
- sauce over loaf; place bacon over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until no pink
- remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 342 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.