"Our family and friends love this no-fail recipe. It's a staple in our home." A topping of bacon adds wonderful flavor to this moist meat loaf. The brown sugar ketchup glaze takes it to a whole new level. Yum! —Zac Freeman and Paige Ponder, Chicago, Illinois
Recommended: Our Best Bacon Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup crushed saltines
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 9 slices Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- In a small skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, pepper sauce, saltine, parsley and seasonings; stir in onion mixture. Crumble meats over mixture and mix well. With wet hands, shape into a loaf and place in a greased foil-lined 13-in.x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients; cook and stir until the sugar is dissolved and sauce has thickened. Spoon some sauce over loaf; place bacon over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf in Taste of Home
Reviews forBacon-Wrapped Meat Loaf
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"This recipe got great reviews the last time I made it! I did however change the "ground veal" for "ground turkey" ."