Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe
Here's a juicy, delicious and savory meal in a bun! I make it for picnics, barbecues and tailgate parties, and it always gets compliments. To transport, wrap the hot dogs in foil and then in paper. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, TX
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup or Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly or bacon may tear during grilling).
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed hot dog equals 360 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,119 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC