Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs Recipe
Here's a juicy, delicious and savory meal in a bun! I make it for picnics, barbecues and tailgate parties, and it always gets compliments. To transport, wrap the hot dogs in foil and then in paper. —Peter Halferty, Corpus Christi, TX
- 12 bacon strips
- 8 cheese beef hot dogs
- 8 bakery hot dog buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup or Dijon mustard
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; cool slightly. Wrap 1-1/2 strips of bacon around each hot dog, securing with toothpicks as needed (do not wrap tightly or bacon may tear during grilling).
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and hot dogs are heated through, turning frequently. Discard toothpicks. Serve hot dogs in buns with onion and sauerkraut; top with condiments of your choice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 stuffed hot dog equals 360 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,119 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC