Since South Dakota summers are so short, we grill out as often as we can when the weather is warm. By mixing the cheese into the burger, I know I'll get a little cheese in every bite. —Dana Matthies, Parker, South Dakota
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef; mix
- thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Wrap a bacon strip around sides
- of each patty; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard
- toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 428 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 823 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.