- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef; mix thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Wrap a bacon strip around sides of each patty; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers
Sort By :
"These were pretty good. They didn't fall apart and the bacon cooked. I have to admit I was surprised since the other comments weren't that encouraging. We'll make these again!"
"Sadly, these fall apart on the grill."
"I omit the egg and use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. Definitely a hit in our family - summertime favorite for the grill"
"I made these into four patties but six would have been better. They were rather large for a normal hamburger bun. I added a little flour as the meat mixture seemed very soft and I was afraid they would fall apart on the grill. My husband liked them quiet well. I thought they were ok."
"I made these into four patties but six would have been better. They were rather large for a normal hamburger bun. My husband liked them quiet well. I thought they were ok."