Since South Dakota summers are so short, we grill out as often as we can when the weather is warm. By mixing the cheese into the burger, I know I'll get a little cheese in every bite. —Dana Matthies, Parker, South Dakota
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef; mix thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Wrap a bacon strip around sides of each patty; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p108
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review