Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers Recipe
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 6 bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add beef; mix thoroughly. Shape into six patties. Wrap a bacon strip around sides of each patty; secure with a toothpick.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Hamburgers
Sort By :
I made these and caramelized red onions with olive oil for one of the toppings and it was an excellent choice.
Sadly, these fall apart on the grill.
I omit the egg and use BBQ sauce instead of ketchup. Definitely a hit in our family - summertime favorite for the grill
I made these into four patties but six would have been better. They were rather large for a normal hamburger bun. I added a little flour as the meat mixture seemed very soft and I was afraid they would fall apart on the grill. My husband liked them quiet well. I thought they were ok.
I made these into four patties but six would have been better. They were rather large for a normal hamburger bun. My husband liked them quiet well. I thought they were ok.