Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans Recipe
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 4 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
- 2. Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Wrap bacon around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and soy sauce; brush over bundles. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
"This is an easy and tasty side dish. I have made them a couple of times and everyone wants the recipe!"
"Oh my gosh, these are so easy & so delicious. We served this for Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved them! Definitely a keeper!"
"Delicious! Served these with Thanksgiving dinner and everyone loved them!"
"This recipe is expected now at Christmas dinner...such a compliment side dish to a standing rib roast!"
"I have never eaten fresh green beans before that I can recall. These were good. The sauce and bacon took away the green flavor. Thanks for the idea!!"
"This is a GREAT recipe! Our family favorite for holidays, standard at Thanksgiving."
"Easy and impressive. To save time I have made plain green beans, poured the sauce over the beans and added the bacon crumbled before serving. This recipe was even multiplied to feed 300 at a wedding dinner."