Bacon-Wrapped Green Beans
Fresh green beans are wrapped in bacon and covered in a sweet sauce in this fast and simple side dish. “Every time I take these green bean bundles to a luncheon or family dinner, people beg me for the recipe," notes Julie Hewitt from Union Mills, Indiana.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 4 bacon strips
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked
- but not crisp, about 3 minutes. Remove to paper towels.
- Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Wrap bacon
- around beans and secure with a toothpick. Place on an ungreased
- baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar, garlic salt and soy
- sauce; brush over bundles. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or
- until bacon is crisp. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 187 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 321 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.