- Bake, uncovered, 8-12 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and thyme in 1
- tablespoon butter and remaining oil until tender; remove from heat.
- Add whiskey, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in
- ginger ale, brown sugar, soy sauce and sage.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until
- reduced by half. Stir in remaining butter. Serve with steaks. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filet with 1/3 cup mushroom mixture equals 581 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.