Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Spirals Recipe
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp; drain on paper towels. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with seasoned salt if desired.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, cream cheese and garlic. Spread over one side of each chicken breast. Roll up and tuck ends in. Wrap each with two bacon strips; secure with toothpicks.
- 3. Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 316 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 45g protein.
Reviews for Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Spirals
"When I am in a hurry I use real bacon bits and sprinkle them in the middle and on top. LOTS of green chilies on top too! Messy but so good."
"We don't keep chilies in our home so I substituted green and red bell peppers and it's amazing. If I'm feeling adventurous I'll mix in green onions. I like that you can hide vegetables in it."
"Used 1 T. chopped jalapenos instead of green chilies for that extra "kick" we like. Very good!"
"Very good flavor! I thought it was a little messy to make, but still, I'd make it again."
"Another successful meal! My whole family enjoyed it."
"This was delicious! I used jalapenos because I didn't have chlies, but I'll definitely be experimenting with more filling again."
"I make this for dinner parties served with rice. Always a favorite."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.