Bacon-Wrapped Cheese-Stuffed Dates
Each bite of these simple baked appetizers is an explosion of tastes and textures. You’ll get crunchy almonds, soft dates, salty bacon, creamy blue cheese and sweet honey.
32 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 16 center-cut bacon strips
- 32 pitted dates
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 32 blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cut bacon strips in half widthwise. In a large skillet, cook bacon
- over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to
- paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of each date, being careful not
- to cut through completely. Fill each with 1/2 teaspoon cheese and 1
- almond. Wrap with 1 piece bacon; secure with a toothpick.
- Place in foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Brush tops
- with honey. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until bacon is
- crisp. Sprinkle with pepper. Yield: 32 appetizers.
To Make Ahead: The stuffed and wrapped dates can be made a day in advance; cover and refrigerate. Brush with honey just before baking.